All Activities & Projects we have Done.
List of the current programmes of the organization/Activities
Kividea recently implements 3 major projects as listed below:
1. Terre des Hommes Schweiz: Funds the Youth empowerment and MVC support project in Kigoma municipality and Uvinza district.
2. EngenderHealth: project to Increase access to quality family planning and other reproductive health services in all districts of Kigoma region.
3. UN Women: Funds our “Jamii Salama project” addressing GBV in 3 districts in Kigoma under the UN Joint Program for Kigoma region.
KIVIDEA activities are channeled through its 2 major departments: The Child Department and the Youth Department.
In summary, activities under each department are as follows:
- Psychosocial support to MVC and their parents/guardians
- Material support (scholastic materials and health insurance)
- Capacity building to MVC committees
- Training of peer educators and youth mobilization;
- Life Skills trainings for youth and adolescents in school and out-of-school;
- Youth reproductive health and rights; provision of reproductive health education and services to youth; advocacy for youth reproductive rights;
- Facilitate community awareness campaigns for SRH and GBV education delivery
- Support to youth Income Generating Activities: support the starting and financing youth small business projects; provide accompaniment for youth projects